Zoo Birthday Parties
Here’s a chance to let your kids go a little wild on their birthday and for you to take the stress out of planning the party! Let the Zoo help you have the best party in town with animals, a jungle-theme, and a hands-on learning presentation from zoo staff. The only thing you’ll need to do is invite the guests and show up!
Birthday Party Prices
Members$195.00(Up to 45 guests)
Non-Members$225.00(Up to 45 guests)
**NOTE: Chattanooga City Fire Codes and Chattanooga Zoo policy predicates 45 guests maximum; therefore, there are no exceptions.
If you would like your party to be larger than 45 guests, please consider Renting the Zoo!
- Rental of the Zoo Birthday Party Room for 2 hours
- Party hosts are welcome to arrive for set up 30 minute prior to their scheduled party time.
- (20) Zoo themed birthday party invitations with envelopes
- (45) Zoo Birthday Party wristbands for party hosts and guests
- At least 2 Birthday party staff members to assist with all aspects of your birthday party.
- Treasure hunt and prize
- Small Animal Encounters
- Guided tour of an area of the Zoo. Tour varies upon availability.
Party Host Provides
- Party hosts will need to contact the Zoo Birthday Party vendors directly for all food and refreshment orders. Please see Birthday Party Vendors below.
- Additional décor
- Eating utensils and paper products
**NOTE: The Chattanooga Zoo does not allow glitter, confetti, balloons, or straws for the safety of our animals.
Party Add Ons
- Minimum of 15 single carousel ride passes at $0.75 each.
- Minimum of 15 single camel ride passes at $4.00 each. (Camel Rides are offered with weather permitting.)
Special Character Appearance:
- Characters: Dora the Explorer, Sock Monkey, Shrek, or Scooby Doo
- $100.00 per 30 minutes
**NOTE: All add ons must be purchase at the time of your party registration to receive the Zoo Birthday party discount. Add ons are only available during normal Zoo operating hours (9am-5pm).
Invitations & Admission Tickets
Zoo Birthday Party hosts have the choice to pick up their invitation packet in the Zoo Gift shop free of charge, or have their packet mailed to them for an additional $3.00
- If the Zoo is mailing your invitation packet, please email your mailing address to email@example.com with your party confirmation number.
- If you prefer to pick up your invitation packet, you are welcome to pick up your invitations and Zoo Birthday Party wristbands at the Zoo Gift Shop anytime during normal operating hours.
- Invitation Packet Includes:
- 20 Zoo Themed Invitations with envelopes
- 45 Zoo Birthday Party Guest wristbands
**NOTE: All party guests, included the hosts, must have a Zoo Birthday Party wristband to enter. All guests without a wristband will be required to pay regular Zoo admission.
Arrival & Parking Instructions
- Party hosts must enter through the main Zoo entrance.
- Party Hosts may arrive up to 30 minutes prior to your party for set up.
- Party host must check in at the Zoo Gift Shop. If the party host has a remaining balance on their party, please make payment in the Gift Shop. After payment, Zoo Birthday Party staff will assist and direct you accordingly.
- If party hosts arrive late, parts of the Birthday Party package may be shortened or removed to stay strictly within the 2 hour time slot.
- All party guests must enter through the main Zoo entrance.
- If party guests arrive late, parts of the Birthday Party package may be shortened or removed to stay strictly within the 2 hour time slot.
Party Time Details
The general flow of your Zoo Birthday party will go as follows:
Guided Zoo Tour & Treasure Hunt
- Guests will be taken on a guided tour of a specific area of the Zoo while participating in a Treasure Hunt. All participants will receive a prize-plastic animal mug with trinkets.
Refreshments & Gifts
- Guests will have time to enjoy refreshments, each other's company, and watch as the birthday child opens their gifts. Zoo Birthday Party preferred vendors offer Zoo guests a special party rate. Preferred vendors include: Cold Stone Creamery, Tikiz Shaved Ice, & Cupcake Kitchen.
Special Animal Encounter
- Guests will enjoy a small animal presentation and encounter with 2-3 mammals and reptiles such as chinchillas, rabbits, ferrets, snakes, lizards, and turtles. Guests will have the chance to touch and interact with these animals.
**NOTE: If you wish to omit any part of your Zoo Birthday Party Package, please contact the Zoo Birthday Coordinator to do so. If party hosts or guests arrive late, parts of the package may be shortened or removed to stay strictly within the 2 hour time slot. The general flow of your birthday party may at times be altered due to weather, arrival time, etc.
Birthday Day Party Rooms
The Chattanooga Zoo offers two spaces for Zoo Birthdays-The Birthday Party Cabin and Birthday Party Classroom.
Each Birthday Party room set up is as follows:
- (6) 6ft rectangle tables with leopard print table covers
- (40) white plastic chairs
- Small animals used for animal encounters are stationed in the birthday party room
Zoo Birthday Party Vendors
Be sure to contact our vendors for your party!
In the case of rain or bad weather the Chattanooga Zoo Birthday party staff will ensure that your birthday party is as fun as it can be under the circumstances. During inclement weather, birthday party outdoor activities are limited therefore additional indoor activities will be held during the party. No refunds will be issued in the case of inclement weather.
**NOTE: All date changes and cancellations must be fulfilled at least 3 weeks in advance.
For additional information, please contact the Birthday Party Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-697-1322 x 1387.