Interested in furthering your education while working with a dedicated staff at the Chattanooga Zoo? We are currently looking for interns to serve in many different departments including; administration, education, animal husbandry, graphic design, marketing and more! If you are interested, please fill out our online Internship Application.
Summer - April 1st
Fall/Winter - August 1st
Spring - November 1st
- A Keeper Assistant will work side by side with a Keeper learning about daily husbandry, training, medical and maintenance of exhibits
- Interns work in two of the Zoo's animal areas shadowing a Keeper for 7 - 8 weeks in each area.
- Interns are responsible for learning routines, animal observances, assisting with training and enrichment and possible research projects.
- In the Herpetology Department, most of your time will be spent assisting Herpetology staff perform daily maintenance of the Zoo's
reptile collection with the rest of your time spent working on Hellbender research and care.
- This may include field work as needed.
- Interns are responsible for collecting information, learning husbandry routines and possible research projects.
- In the Nutrition/Rehab Department, your time will be split evenly between various nutrition and rehabilitation tasks.
- This internship would include assisting in the rehab of local injured wildlife, diet preparation for existing Zoo animals, researching animal
diets or case by case injuries in our Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
Veterinary Tech Assistant
- Assisting our Veterinary Technician will consist of half of your time spent in Rehabilitation and the other half in Veterinary Services.
- Position may include data entry, animal research, keeper husbandry and various other tasks depending on the season
- All of your time will be spent assisting the Marketing/Development staff
- Duties range from prospect research, data management, special events, social media and much more.